segunda-feira, 10 de novembro de 2014

Snorkeling at Rio da Prata in Bonito / Mergulho superficial no Rio da Prata em Bonito

 
 
Bom dia!

 Today we got up around seven in the morning, and had breakfast. At about nine, we signed our life insurance group by group. Then it was almost time to get on the bus and head for Rio Da Prata, where we are going to snorkel in the afternoon! When we arrived there, we had lunch first then started our activity! All the exchange students were divided into seven groups, each group with nine people. We started snorkel, group by group. I was in group seven, so our group waited for a really really long time then it’s finally our turn to snorkel. When it was finally our turn, first we got dressed, and took our equipment with us. Second, we listened to some snorkeling introductions. Then, we got on to a little truck and heading to the river! But before that, we had to walk in the forest for about thirty minutes. Although it was really hard to walk normally with the snorkeling suit, it was still worth because we saw a lot of precious animals and plants on the way to the river.

Thirty minutes later, we arrived at the river and started to snorkel! This was my first time to snorkel, so I was quite nervous and not used to use my mouth to breathe. But I still had a great time during in the water. At first we got into the water, we saw some small springs with many bubbles, it was so cool! Then we floated in the water, let the river took us down the stream. To my surprise, there were so many gorgeous fish and plants in the water! The water was so clear that I could see everything crystal clear. I could even touch them because they were so close to me! At first, I tried to take as many pictures as I can, but after the first part of the river, I shut down my cellphone to let myself embrace the nature and enjoy myself. In the middle part of the river, there was also a rapid current with lots of sharp rocks at the bottom of the river. I tried to stay away from them, but unfortunately, I still got scratched by the rocks on my belly. But I was lucky because the painful feeling didn’t last too long. After the rapid current, here came the deeper part of the river. I couldn’t even touch the ground! There were more beautiful and colorful fish in this deep area. Then, we saw a wide open area with a bigger spring under the water. Lots of exchange students tried to dive and grab a hand of sands of the spring. We then rested for a while, and go on snorkeling. When it was almost to the end of the snorkeling area, I was so exhausted so I chose to take a boat ride. While the others with more energy, they chose to swim to the end.

 At last, we took shower, get dressed, and waited until everyone was ready then headed to the downtown of Bonito for dinner. At about ten thirty at night, we went back to our hotel and had a small meeting for tomorrow’s activity. I was so exhausted that I almost fell asleep. When I closed my eyes, the spectacular memories of snorkeling appeared on my mind. I started to feel a bit excited and looking forward to the activity tomorrow.
 
André

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário